Engel & Völkers has a rich past full of luxury real estate and international prestige. Founded in 1977 in Hamburg, Germany, the brand quickly expanded into North America and currently operates in 39 countries on five continents. Engel & Völkers was brought to Charlotte, North Carolina, USA in 2015 by Yuriy Vaynshteyn, the visionary behind Carolinas Metro Realty, a boutique property management and real estate sales company in Charlotte.
A native of Kiev, Ukraine, Vaynshteyn moved to Charlotte in the 1990’s and quickly obtained his real estate license in order to acquire investment properties for his own portfolio. Vaynshteyn, a graduate of the University of North Carolina at Charlotte, earned advanced engineering degrees and never considered real estate to be a career until opening Carolinas Metro Realty in 2006.
After weathering one of the worst economic downturns in recent history, Vaynshteyn embarked on a new frontier—to offer a premium brand of international real estate to the residents of Charlotte and the immediate surrounding areas. Vaynshteyn notes, “Bringing this real estate brand to Charlotte is just what the city needs—something new, fresh and client-centric.”
We invite you to explore Engel & Völkers and see the difference—we truly are the premium brand of real estate at every price point.
Awards and Mentions:
- Fast 50, Charlotte Business Journal (2015)
- Book of List Largest Real Estate Firm, Charlotte Business Journal (2013 - present)
- Small Business Big Impact, Time Warner Cable (2014)
- Supporter of the Realtors® Political Action Committee (RPAC)
- Donor: Boys and Girls Club of America, Celebrate the TaTas, Charlotte Concerts, Big Man on Campus at CPCC and Alexander Youth Network
- Licensed in North Carolina and South Carolina
- National Association of Realtors® (NAR)
- NC Association of Realtors® (NCAR)
- SC Association of Realtors® (SCAR)
- Charlotte Regional Realtor® Association (CRRA)
- Carolina Multiple Listing Service (CMLS)
- Home Builders Association of Greater Charlotte